Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Mani in a minute (or two)

Nail polish and I have a bit of a love/hate relationship. I love that it is an easy way to accessorize your outfit and can complete your entire look. I hate when it chips. (I know most of you just let out an  "amen!".) I don't know how the rest of you are but for me, one chip and I remove the polish from all ten fingers. Then I have to start the Jessica manicure process (trust me, this is a post all it's own) all over again. That's all well and good if I didn't work full time, write two separate blogs, keep the living quarters tidy, feed a man who, I'm not quite sure will ever not be hungry, and of course, keep up with my fitness routine (the gym helps to keep me somewhat sane). Oh sure, I could just go all bare nails or slap some clear coat on them and call it a day but, me without polished nails is like Thor without his hammer or Captain America without his shield or Iron Man without the arc reactor (can you tell I'm a Marvel gal? Avengers assemble!) So I came up with a solution that works. One that takes all of 3 minutes total and leaves me with color on my nails that doesn't show chipping which allows me to get through most of my work week on one coat of polish.

I generally have three different polishes I will use, and today's post is on the Maybelline Color Show Holographic in Alluring Rose.


This is a gorgeous shade! It is a metallic duo-chrome that appears gold and reflects a light pink sheen in the sunlight. I love this because it 1. matches just about anything and 2. it gives you a classy manicured look in about a minute. (win, win? I'd say so.) 


 
As far as the application, it is a bit streaky and transparent. I have worn this shade in an all out, full manicure style and it takes about three coats to be opaque. For my work week manicure however, I am totally ok with just one coat. 



Typically what I do for my work week mani is, remove whatever polish I have on my nails, file (only if absolutely necessary), and paint on one coat of which ever of my three go-to polishes I choose. Done. That's it. That is all I do. Okay sure, I will usually have small chips by the time Friday rolls around and sometimes, if it is super noticeable then I will touch up. If it isn't, then I won't worry about it. 



What is your go-to manicure and polish of choice? 



Choose to make today wonderful, and always stay polished and pumped! 





2 comments:

  1. My go to polish choice is usually a Gold/Nude shade or a Coral color. Love that maybes line Polish u have though! So pretty!
    Http://Thesaltlifewife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh coral is lovely! I have been on the hunt for the perfect coral shade for years LOL. Do you have any recommendations? Gold and nude shades tend to work better for me as an everyday (did I mention I hate chips?) and color on the weekends. Thank you for stopping by! I am loving your beach house posts, by the way! �� ⚓️

    ReplyDelete