Saturday, April 2, 2016

Some Recent Favorites



I thought I would make some changes to the blog today and also sneak in a post without giving mention to my six month hiatus. Let's just pretend it didn't happen and move forward. For my first post in ages, I thought I would share with you a few things that have been favorites of mine recently.


My manicure of choice has been with OPI's "Don't Bossanova Me Around". It's quite a nice pinky-nude that is perfect for everyday and great for spring.




My shoe choice has been a pair of black t-strap flats that I snagged on clearance a few weeks ago at Charlotte Russe. They have been sold out but I found a similar pair here. Mine are solid black without studs and perfect for spring. They go well with dresses and jeans and I like the fact they are not suede so I can wear them in almost any weather.


I am rather picky when it comes to TV shows. The BBC and PBS are kinda my jam. Now that Downton has ended, I've been going through and re watching Doctor Who (seeing as how it will be 2017 before new episodes start. yes, i am bummed.). Of course, not the Matt Smith seasons (don't get me started) but the tenth and twelfth Doctors rock! I also absolutely LOVE Clara Oswald!! She may even beat out Rose Tyler as best companion for me. I think mostly because of her connection with the twelfth Doctor and, not to mention, she's beautiful!! I've also been watching re-runs of The Red Green Show. Since I saw Steve Smith perform two years ago, the show seems extra cool now. Of course, every weekend is Harry Potter weekend for me and honestly, I don't see that ever changing...and I am OK with that.



Lastly, I thought I would share a few songs and artists that I have been listening to. I don't really listen to mainstream, top 40 type music but rather, I jump all over the place. My all-time favorite band ever is Train. It took me awhile to get into their new stuff but Pat Monahan could sing to me forever. Their tour last year came within 40 minutes of me and I didn't go. However, this year, it's happening! I've also been liking "Deeper" by Meredith Andrews. I listed the link to the entire album but that song is just awesome. It's catchy, and yes, I proudly jam in my car, thank you very much.


So those are a few of my current favorites. I'd love to hear what some of yours are and if you are a #potternerd or #whovian I would really love to hear from you!


Choose to make today great!

xo- jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment