Thursday, July 21, 2016

Target Beauty Box: June 2016



It seems that every company these days has their own version of the monthly subscription box. There are razor subscriptions, beauty subscriptions, fitness subscriptions, even subscriptions for your pet (hope Fido has a job to pay for his.). With so many monthly boxes coming to your door, it's hard to tell who offers the best deal. I took a gamble on this Target Beauty Box having no real idea what would be included (obviously beauty products but that's a bit vague). Let's see what Target had to offer for the month of June.






The Target Beauty box retails at $7 with no commitment meaning, if you want to skip a box or only want one box ever or, if you want to send one as a gift (i can give you my address btw.), you can do that. I have a Target REDcard and I get free shipping with this box also. If you don't have a REDcard, then you will also have to pay a shipping a fee but I'm sure it's not a ridiculous price. With this particular box, I received 11 items. It was a mix of cosmetics, and beauty products with samples, deluxe samples and full size products as well. When I opened my box for the first time, I was shocked at how much stuff was in my box. For $7, even if all the products were garbage (highly unlikely), that's a good deal.

















L'oreal True Match Lumi Cushion  This was a sample size in the shade W3. There was also a $2 off coupon for any True Match product. I had been wanting to try this product since it first hit the shelves so I was excited to see it. The shade sort of worried me though as I am more of a neutral undertone but it actually matched my skin fairly well. It was easy to blend out and gave a dewy finish. What I did not like about this product was the "cushion" part. The product was a good quality product but using the sponge applicator in conjunction with the sponge filled with foundation, was just a nightmare. The product becomes absorbed in the applicator sponge and very little end up on your face. I also had to use a brush to blend out the product as the sponge applicator was not working very well. Final thoughts, I would probably buy another True Match foundation as I did like the product but I would not purchase the Lumi Cushion.


L'oreal Revitalift Volume Filler Day Cream  This was a deluxe sample and honestly I was a little hesitant about using it as my skin can be a bit sensitive. After testing it however, I love it!!! It is a thick cream with no SPF so I prefer to use it as a night cream. It is very moisturizing and does appear to "fill in" fine lines or rather smooth them out a bit. I think this product retails for around $20 for the full size and I will purchase this once my sample is empty.



elf Lip Kiss Balm in 'Bare Kiss' This is a full size product that I quite enjoy. It tints your lips to a more enhanced color of your natural lips. It is also rather thick like a true balm and moisturizing. The only downside to this product is that there is no SPF so keep that in mind if you will be wearing this to the beach or pool.


Pantene Intense Hydration Shampoo This was the only product in my box that I did not try. I use sulfate free shampoos so I did not want to even attempt stripping my hair and/or drying it out.


Laneige Water Bank Serum This. Stuff. Is. Awesome. OMG!!!!! It is a thin lotion consistency that sort of dissolves or melts into your skin. I put this on in the morning after cleansing my face and before my moisturizer. I feel like my skin is clearer and less redness. It's just in better condition. I will purchase this.


Soap & Glory Righteous Butter YES!!!!! This is another product I had been wanting to try and never got around to it. Best body butter ever!!! I mean it!! It's thick, it blends into your skin and leaves your freshly shaved legs, silky smooth! The only thing about this is, it does have a scent to it. Think your great grandmothers perfume...like a rose exploded in your face. Personally, I don't mind the scent but be warned if you do not like perfume smells, you may want to pass. Or get over it just to try this stuff!


SW Basics Exfoliant In a word, weird. I thought it was cool that there are only three ingredients in this product and they are ones you have heard of. It did work well as an exfoliant and, good thing the ingredients are edible (just saying). However, I don't think I would purchase this product as I could get the same ingredients fairly easily and make it myself.


Cotz Sunscreen  This is a face sunscreen that is tinted. It does not provide any coverage at all whatsoever. It does provide SPF40 but again, why tint it when it serves no purpose? Good sun protection though.


Pixi Mesmerizing Mineral Duo I believe this duo is called "Apricot Glow". Either way, I like it! I have never used any Pixi cosmetics so again, I was excited to see this. The shades are very easy to wear and suitable for every eye color. They feel very soft and almost buttery and the fallout is minimal.


SheaMoisture Weightless Creme Rinse I used this once and, never again. It's technically designed for natural hair but I figured, it's a conditioner so how bad could it be? Bad. It left my hair so dry, it was like straw!


Yes To Cucumbers Soothing Facial Wipes Again, another product that dried me out!!The smelled nice and were rather moist. They also took off a full face of makeup. What they left behind was a super dry face. My face was literally tingling because it was so dry.




All in all, I was pretty pleased with my June Beauty Box and I would like to purchase another one. It gave me a chance to try products I had been wanting to try and now I know whether or not they are worth my money. I also learned about new products that I may have not ever considered.






No comments:

Post a Comment