Wednesday, August 10, 2016

A Few Of My Recent Purchases

It's no secret that I have a great love for Target. I think just walking into the store is a bit of therepy for me. If I am feeling down or recently, homesick, a trip just wandering through the aisles can make me more calm. Of course, I don't kniw about you but I am betting that like me, you have never left Target empty handed. It just doesn't happen. 

This past Saturday I had an awful case of homesickness. Maybe I am just missing my friends or maybe I just haven't found the "nerd community" yet (i honestly feel like it doesn't even exist but, let's think positive) either way, I just felt blah! I knew once I walked into Target I would feel just fine. I was right. After 2 hours and $42, I felt temporarily cured. 








Harry Potter And The Cursed Child Parts 1 & 2
This should be no surprise. It was the first thing I saw and I quickly placed it into my basket. Before I moved, I had meant to pre-order my copy but that never happened. Good thing I didn't and I waited...by purchasing at Target, I paid $16.38 for the book and got a free poster.  



Harry Potter themed socks
I will make no apologies for my #nerdside and for being a Potter fan. This will seem like an obvious thing to those of you that know anything about me. Fun fact: all of my socks are geek themed and are either Harry Potter or Doctor Who. If I find Sherlock ones then you bet I will add those to my collection as well. 


Sam & Libby Crossbody Bag
Ok enough of HP merch and onto the other bargains. Like I need another handbag, right? Truth is. I don't but, I have pared a good bit of my wardrobe, including shoes and bags down quite a bit. Like minimalistic-ish. Seriously. I tend to buy accessories and shoes in neutral tones to match anything and everything. By doing it that way I don't end up with a ton of handbags in hard to wear colors or prints and I also don't end up with 60 black bags....how many do you really need right?  This one is black and white and can be used as a crossbody or a clutch. it's also of pretty decent quality and at 70% off (originally: $34.99 clearance: $10.48) I couldn't pass it up  



Mossimo Sweater Tank
As I said before, I have pared my wardrobe down quite a bit. I stick to nuetrals and navy, pink and green. Obviously gray is a neutral so I picked this up. I also needed tanks since the south is not known for being cold. I like this because it can be worn as a casual top or could be dressed up with some nice jeans and heels or sandals. It can also be used for layering. A multi-purpose top for $5.38? I'll take it! 


I also went to Dollar Tree to pick up a few things for my classroom which are quite boring but I did want to show you my favorite ink pens and facial wipes. 


Global Beauty Care Makeup Cleansing Wipes with Retinol
These things are great!!! To be honest, I'm not really sure if these have actual retinol in them or exactly how much if they do but, I do know that my skin has greatly improved since using them. It's smooth and I have very little redness and, while I didn't have an issue with breakouts, my skin has been incredibly clear. I have been using them for about six months now and I did notice myskin improvement in a matter of weeks. As long as I can find these wipes (I generally grab a few packs at a time when I see them), I will continue to use them.   



Promars Ultra Fine Pen
I am pretty picky about pens; black felt tip ink pens to be be exact. I just like the way they write and they don't slip all over the place and they make my writing look neater and less like a scribbled doctor's note or a diner slip. I always pick up a pack of pens whenever I see them in Dollar Tree since they are pretty hard to come by in the three packs. 






To end this post I have a few questions:
1- Do you have your own sort of retail therepy or place where you decompress and get your thoughts in order?
2- Are you a Target fan like me? Why?
3- What are your thoughts on Harry Potter? (choose your response wisely) 







No comments:

Post a Comment