Sunday, April 19, 2015

Makeup Purge


See this lovely little makeup lot? It would seem that I had just recently gone on a drugstore shopping spree. However, don't be fooled. Before I explain each of these products in a bit more detail, let me just say, these are my opinions. Everything is based off my skin type and coloring and based on my lifestyle. I will be reviewing these products in left to right order, from top to bottom. Now onto the reviews...


  • Physicians Formula Retro Glow Mosaic Powder (Translucent Glow)
I have to say this product is not necessarily terrible but, it could be a lot better. For starters, the powder itself looks nice, doesn't feel extremely chalky and does give off a bit of glow. There seems to be a bit of micro-shimmer in it so this may work best as a highlight. I purged this however because, for me, it is just too glowy and golden (not sure where the translucent title came from). 

  • e.l.f. Cover Everything Concealer (Tan)
This concealer is a lot like the powder mentioned above, not a bad product just, not for me. I find that it works best as a corrector rather than a concealer however. It is a cream product so if you do use it under your eyes, be sure to set it because it will crease and settle. Will it really cover everything? Maybe, if you cake it on.

  • Maybelline Pumped Up Colossal Mascara (Very Black)
I'll make this short and sweet: this mascara is GARBAGE! The brush is huge, the formula is too dry, and it did absolutely nothing for my lashes. Please save your money, and don't give this mascara another thought.

  • e.l.f. Eyebrow Kit (Medium)
 Here's why I don't like this: it melts off my skin, and the color selection is just sad. My brow hair is black so to fill in sparse spots, I need a dark brown. The wax in this kit is dark enough but, the wax alone will slip and slide right off my skin. The powder that comes in this kit to set the wax, is too light.

  • Salon Perfect Brow Powder and Stencil Combo
As you can see I am just purging the stencils (not sure where the powder is exactly). I don't think this kit is bad at all. In fact, if you are new to makeup or have the worst luck filling and shaping your brows, I would highly recommend this to you. I however, have no need for these stencils any longer.

  • Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil (Hazel)
Like most things I have listed already, great product, wrong color. I actually use this pencil in Dark Brown everyday to fill in my brows. It is quick, convenient and easy to use. I highly recommend it, just as long as you get the right shade.

  • Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips (Hazel Eyes)
This palette is decent but, I have similar shades with better quality so it's not a must-have for me. I also am not liking the packaging and how all of the shades mix into each other. I think this product has also been discontinued (no complaints from me) because it is being spotted at Dollar Tree.

  • Broadway Real Life Nails (Real Short)

These nails were given to me and, I am not a false nail kind of girl. I used to wear them a long time ago but now, I just find them tacky. For false nails though, these are pretty decent. They hold up well and, when I did wear them, these were the ones I would purchase.

  • Stunner Lotion and Roll-On Perfume (VS Bombshell impression)
This Duo set was purchased at Dollar Tree. As someone whose signature scent is VS Bombshell, I can tell you that this impression scent is pretty spot on. I will also tell you that because this is pretty cheaply made, the scent doesn't last long and has a definite watered down scent.

  • Maybelline Fit Me Dewy+Smooth (120 Classic Ivory)
This foundation I actually liked. It matched my skin tone well, blended well and applied nicely. What I didn't like was the finish. I have normal to dry skin and this stuff made my skin look like melting wax even after setting it. I intend to try the new matte+pore less version however.

  • Sinful Shine polish (Rendezvous) 
I find that Sinful Colors nail polish is very hit and miss. This particular polish was a miss. It goes on streaky and after three thin coats, it just doesn't level out. As far as chipping, this lasted right at 24 hours for me. 
  • Wet n Wild Contouring Palette (749A Dulce De Leche)
Nice palette, nice matte colors, nice quality powders, bad for my skin. These powders were easy to work with and the contour shade was very build-able. Unfortunatly, after three days of wearing this, my skin looked like the surface of the moon. Time to go.

  • Wet n Wild Megaliner Liquid Liner (Black)
I have both eyeliner versions of this in both, regular and waterproof. The regular version has a tiny brush on the end while the waterproof, has a felt tip to it. They provide more of a glossy look and have a tendency to smudge, even the waterproof.

  • Profusion "Midnight Fever" palette
I am not sure if this is still sold anymore. Walgreen's sells the profusion brand and, usually around Christmas, will offer the eyeshadow palettes. You may also be able to find this if you have a Five Below near you. There are nine shimmery shades and one matte black. It also comes with a black pencil liner and a sponge tip applicator. The quality is pretty nice for being inexpensive but, the shades are easy to find and pretty basic, standard colors.





No comments:

Post a Comment