Thursday, April 9, 2015

The classic, basic wardrobe.

Every week it's the same story: laundry day...too many clothes, laying out my clothes at night...nothing to wear. When I found this list of Classic Wardrobe pieces, I took it as a sign. A sign that I had way too many pieces in my wardrobe and, that I did in fact, have something to wear every single day. I feel like this wardrobe list is to be used as a sort of guidline and, not so much as a definite list. It all depends on where you are in the world and your climate and also, where you are in your life. Most of the pieces I own, some I feel like I do not need and, a few I would like to have. I have marked them accordingly and I will explain why I have marked them that way. 





The boxes colored pink are items I already own. I have a bit of shoe problem (Target just seems to make shoes just for me.) so I do own more than one pair of boots, sneakers, etc. The loafer box is colored blue, which represents items I do not personally feel that I need. I feel that I have all of the types of shoes I need (except for nude pumps. I'm on the hunt for the perfect pair. a la Kate Middleton.). 

When you look at the accessories section you will notice that I have the leather handbag colored green. This color represents items that I do not own and would like to purchase. I would love a good quality leather handbag to basically outlive me. I have plenty of nice quality faux leather bags that have held up for several years now and, still look great (let's hear it for Target again.) but, I would like to have a basic, everyday, great quality bag. 

I feel like this wardrobe outline is a great place to start if you are: a college student, moving out on your own, looking to create a minimalist or capsule wardrobe, arriving late to work more than twice a week because you cannot find anything to wear, or, ready to throw out all of your clothes and start over (basically it's for anyone.). One really important thing I do need to mention is, knowing your body shape and what styles and cuts work for you. I know that as for myself, being blessed with an hourglass shape, (every shape is a blessing. know yours and love it.) over-sized tops do not work well for me. 

Do you feel you need to channel your inner Ouiser and buy a straw hat? Go for it! Or your classy, jet-setter self, and tie a silk scarf around your hair? Again, go for it! I would love to hear what you all think of this checklist and what pieces you consider essential to your own wardrobe and style.

No comments:

Post a Comment