Wednesday, May 6, 2015

REVIEW: Sally Hansen Miracle Gel

First, the pictures. Then I will jump right into busting claims. Here we go.....

  
The front of the package (Claims are starting already.).


The back of the package (claims continued...).


Oh look, they stuck a coupon inside. That was nice of them. :) 


The miracle GEL polish in 510 Game of Chromes (I don't watch that show but I do get the reference. punny.) and the miracle GEL topcoat. 





Ok, time to do some claim busting! After every claim, I will list it as either a true claim, a false claim, or a possible claim. A false claim means there is absolutely no truth to this. A possible claim means it could be a bit of a stretch but there is some truth to it. On to the claims...

▪️"No Light Needed". Well, that's true if you don't include sunlight. There are no UV lamps or cure lights involved or needed with this particular system. Truth. 
▪️"Up to 14 days of color and shine" I'll go a bit more in depth on this claim further on in this post but, for now, I will tell you to read the claim carefully..."up to". That means you can get 14 days of wear but, probably if you never wash dishes or your hair. Possible. 
▪️"Quick to apply" Quick as in, it takes no longer to apply than a normal polish. Truth.
▪️"Easy to remove" It is easy to remove if you use acetone nail polish remover. Since that is all I use, I had no issues. I have used regular nail polish remover in the past so based on how it performs, I would say, it would not be terribly difficult to remove but certainly not as fast as acetone. And by fast I mean, we're only talking about 30 seconds to a minute difference. Possible. 
▪️"No UV/LED light needed" I think I already covered this one. Truth. 
▪️"Dries like a regular nail polish" I never saw any difference in this particular formula compared to a regular nail polish. Truth. 
▪️"Increased wear and durability over time" I can tell you that, this polish did seem to harden my nails over time but I cannot honestly tell you the durability was increased with longer wear. Think about it this way: your manicure will last longer the longer you wear it. Makes no sense to me. False. 



Here is my manicure right after drying....




Here is my manicure after 5 days of wear...

Even after five days, I think it still looks pretty decent. I did remove it however because, my nails grew out pretty fast and my cuticles were looking shabby. 


BOTTOM LINE: Would I recommend this polish? Yes, I would. Especially for a trip or vacation. Who wants to have to retouch their manicure while enjoying the beach? Not me. Would I repurchase this? Yes again. I am already in the process of that, I just need to decide on a color. Speaking of which, the color selection for this line is huge. Lots to choose from and you're sure to find a shade that suits you. I also forgot to mention the price. I purchased this set, with the color and topcoat, from Walmart for around $15. I also purchased one additional color for around $8. Prices will vary based on the retailer and location but, you can find this at Walmart, Target, and most drugstores. 






1 comment:

  1. I've tried this and really liked it as well. Will most deff use when I'm going on a trip! Love that metallic color too!

    Http://Thesaltlifewife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete