Saturday, June 6, 2015

Let's talk: Planners.

This is my planner. It is a monthly-view, Blue Sky planner that runs from July 2015-June 2016. I purchased mine at Target for $7.99. You can also find these on the Blue Sky website. In addition to this pink version, Target had a blue and a teal green also available. They also had smaller versions as well as, weekly and daily versions if that's more your thing. 


The front cover of this planner is sort of a flexible, durable, plastic which makes it easy to clean or for placing and removing decorations or stickers. Behind the plastic cover is a glossy, card stock cover that features the design. I intend to place my monogram sticker on this. 



The next page in the planner is the personal information page. I personally, have never been a huge fan of filling all of this information in. Just not my thing but, some people do I suppose (that's why most planners have a page like this i guess).



After the personal information page, the next two pages are contact information. Again, this is not a page I see getting a lot of use but, if I am on the phone and need to jot down a name and number, this could work.




Finally we get to the monthly spread page. All of the other pages after this are of the corresponding months. Monthly view planners are my thing. Here's why: when I have a weekly view, I tend to think "ok, I only have seven days to cram in all the stuff that needs to be done." Sounds a little overwhelming, right? With a monthly view, I can fill in the days that I already have planned at the beginning of the month and, when something comes up later in the month, then I can look at all 30-31 days and pick a free day to schedule it. Life made simple (simple-ish). 






QUESTION: Do you use a planner and, if so, what type do you prefer: monthly, weekly, daily? Why? Comment below. 



3 comments:

  1. Great post! Yes! I love to plan, and I'm a teacher so it makes sense for me. :) I use PlumPaper now, and it is a bit pricier but I get a monthly view right before the daily views (I'm surprised by how many planners don't have that!) and I get to customize the categories for each day so I can keep my real job, blogging, and personal life all straight :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Love/Haight! Planning has definitely helped to keep the multiple hats that I wear, in order. I am thinking of doing a post on my day job, which I think you may find interesting ;) keep an eye out for it! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete