Saturday, June 6, 2015

REVIEW: Hard Candy Palette "Birthday Suit"

This is the "Birthday Suit" palette from Hard Candy. As far as I know, Hard Candy can only be purchased at Walmart. The outside of the palette has a bit of detailing including, a faux, blush colored, leather strip with, rose gold studs. This palette retails at $6.00. 



The inside of this palette contains two, dual-ended sponge tip applicators, a small mirror, and ten matte eyeshadows. All of the shadows in this palette are completely matte. 


You can see here that I have swatched all of the shadows on my arm. Again, there is no shimmer or glitter of any kind as, these shadows are all matte. 




There is no additional packaging with the palette so, I have not seen any claims regarding this palette or the shadows. Therefore, I will highlight the good and bad of this palette. Also, just for reference, this is the only Hard Candy palette I own and, I have never used any of their shadows before. 


▪️All matte shadows. This could be a deal maker or breaker depending on your eye look of choice. Personally, I like it. With all of the shadows being matte, there really is no guesswork as where to put which shade. I like to use to the terra cotta colored shade (fifth from the right), as a transition color. 
▪️Price point. An eyeshadow palette for $6.00 is a steal, especially when it contains twelve shadows. As far as the quality, that leads me into my next point.....
▪️Quality Shadows. They are pigmented, smooth and they swatched nicely on my arm. As I stated earlier, I use the terra cotta one as a transition and, it blends really well. Now, they do crease but I prolong it by using an eyelid primer. The creasing is not the worst I've seen but hey, let's be honest, I have never met a shadow that did not crease. 
▪️Compact Packaging. The sleek and slim design of this palette makes it perfect for travel. You can easily pop this into your purse or cosmetic bag and be on your way. There is a nice range of shadows so you can create neutral or smoky looks with this. The darker shades even work nicely to set cream eyeliners. 


Bottom line: would I repurchase and reccomend this palatte? Yes. I think it is well worth the money and convienent. It is definitely a good everyday palette. I do know that there are more palettes in this particular collection, which I believe is called Top Ten Trendsetters. I do not know if i would purchase the other palettes as, I was drawn to this one for the matte shadows. 



Do any of you own this palette or any of the other Hard Candy palettes? What are your thoughts? Let me know in the comments. 




No comments:

Post a Comment