Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Get to Class: Supplies








Well, I regret to inform you that, it seems the education system has taken over our rights to a nice long summer holiday. Yes, it's time for heading back to school. Every year it's the same thing: Independence Day ends with a bang (punny) and then....the shelves appear with pencils and paper and suddenly your long, lazy days are coming to an end. In an effort to make the transition from, carefree days to exam, stress filled days a bit easier, I have compiled a few of my must have essentials to help you (somewhat) happily "Get to Class".

Today is the first of three (possibly even four. I'll let you know) posts in my "Get to Class" series. This particular post is focusing on school supplies.



  • PENS......I feel like this is a no-brainer but, having the best writing utensil just makes things so much better. Now, everyone has their own preference. Some people like fatter, chubby pens and some people like thin, smooth pens (there really is a science to it). My personal favorites? These and these.
  • PEN CASE......When I was in middle school, it was considered "nerdy" to have a pencil box or a pouch to hold all of your pens and pencils and highlighters. Instead, the cool thing to do was to store your pens in the spiral rings of your notebooks. (pause) I kid you not. Apparently, having beat up notebooks with pens jammed in into the pain inducing metal rings, was far more "in" than being neat and tidy. I still don't quite understand why and I never bought into that logic. The pencil pouch is a neat (punny again) way to express yourself. One of my absolute favorites is this one by Tyrrell Katz. In fact, the entire site has loads of cute pencil cases so, browse a bit. Even using a cute makeup bag can serve this purpose as well (btw, Tyrrell Katz has makeup bags too). You can also check out the one my friend Tori, from Prep For A Day found at Target. 
  • NOTEBOOKS......Here again is where you have some options. There are tons of notebooks to choose from. Once you figure out if you prefer wide ruled or college ruled (college ruled for me, thank you.), then your choices are endless. Jadelynn Brooke just released notebooks like this onethis one and this one. The patterns are cute and preppy. Also, for preppy notebooks, Lilly Pulitzer offers a few patterns as well as a mini size and a large size (let's not also forget about the agendas, which you should already have by now). You can also find collegiate and pro team printed notebooks all over amazon. Of course, Target will always provide an abundance of cute notebooks. 
  • TABLET CASES......I realize if you are a middle school or high school student, you will probably not be taking your tablet with you to class or study. However, if you are a college student, you may very well be. There are a ridiculous number of tablet cases available and it usually comes down to how you use your tablet and personal preference, that determines the one you choose. I highly recommend my case (I have the one in gold but there are several colors). Not only does it hold my iPad (which is obviously essential) but, it also has slots for business cards (nifty for interviews and internships), a loop for a pen with stylus (highly recommend. you can purchase these anywhere), an SD card slot and a pocket to hold a small legal pad which, is handy for taking notes. 
  • BAG......Of course you will need a way to tote around all of your supplies. You can certainly go the original backpack idea OR you can use a canvas or leather tote. If you are also on a sports team, I suggest maybe using a tote or a duffel bag instead of having multiple different bags to lug around. The bag that I use was a limited edition at Target but you can find a similar one here. Mine is sort of a creamy, sand color so it's nice and neutral and matches just about everything. I like it because it's a bit classy and nice and, not only does it have handles but it also has a cross body strap which comes in handy when my bag gets weighted down with junk.


So that's my list of school supplies. Of course I'm sure your teachers and professors will require way more than this but, I hope I have given you a few cute and fun options to make sure your year is awesome. 

Choose to make today great!

xo- Jessica



  

2 comments:

  1. Love this post (and that thing about jamming pens into the spirals of a notebook--what is wrong with middle schoolers?)!

    Tori A. from Prep For A Day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tori! I have no idea....middle school kids are a breed all their own LOL

    ReplyDelete